Principal Engineer, Core Network
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a similar field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of professional experience in engineering with experience in technical innovation.
- Experience in networking, data network architectures, software architecture, or distributed systems.
- Experience in research, design, or operation of systems.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field of study.
- Experience providing technical structure to teams, and working closely with management and stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps.
- Experience motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of vision or purpose.
- Experience in technical leader and influencing multiple teams of engineers concurrently while partnering on broad development initiatives.
- Ability to take an entrepreneurial and strategic approach.
About the job
As a Principal Engineer, you will be driving the technical strategy for the Global Networking Core domain and also influencing the overall technology strategy and direction of Google Global Network (GGN) . You will work with teams across the GGN organization and partner organizations to design solutions to scale and increase availability of Google’s network and connectivity infrastructure.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $271,000-$399,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Serve as the technical leader for Google’s Global Networking Core domain.
- Define and set the overall technical strategy and roadmap for the domain.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to engineers and partner teams.
- Engage in research collaboration within Google and academic and industry groups outside Google and drive innovations for Google networking.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?