Software Engineer, Google Pixel Software and Android
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience with software development in Java or C/C++ programming language.
- 1 year of experience with data structures or algorithms.
- 1 year of experience with software development in Android.
- Knowledge of mobile software engineering practices.
- Ability to take initiative and learn quickly in a technically complex domain.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate across team boundaries.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s software and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Develop Software solutions for Android Platform/Pixel phone including the design and implementation of Android Services and applications.
- Work closely with partner teams (e.g., Product Management, Hardware development, Testing, etc.) in the whole software development cycle.
- Triage product issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on functionality and quality.
- Contribute to existing documentation of educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?