Lead Technical Program Manager II, Compute, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, other technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in infrastructure and program management.
- 7 years of experience in leadership roles, managing teams with direct reports.
- 5 years of experience managing projects.
- 10 years of experience managing complex technical cross-functional projects spanning a wide set of stakeholders.
- Experience leading large-scale dynamic technical projects.
- Experience in executive-level communication with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent complex interactions with geographically disparate teams.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, prioritization, and influencing skills.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage various Engineering-specific programs and teams.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $208,000-$306,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Build and lead a robust, scalable, and growth-oriented Technical Program Management organization. Guide and mentor project staff and team members.
- Set the strategy and direction for a program by outlining goals and objectives, evaluating and providing oversight across multiple programs, identifying and mitigating systemic issues across the program portfolio, and defining program controls, governance, and standards.
- Bring visibility and strengthen communication across teams, to executives, and other key stakeholders.
- Enable execution across multiple teams and drive delivery across a portfolio of programs.
- Partner with Engineering Directors, Product Leaders, and other Technical Program Management groups to align on strategy and roadmap, streamline processes, simplify execution, manage goals, release on time, and bring tooling for efficiencies.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?