gReach Associate, gReach Program for People with Disabilities
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Taipei, Taiwan; Banqiao District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 220; Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in any of the following: Program/Project Management, Software Development, Hardware testing or Hardware maintenance.
- Ability to take an entrepreneurial approach and take initiative to resolve issues.
- Ability to develop and understand strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
About the job
The gReach Program is a paid upskilling program for early career and industry professionals with disabilities where participants will receive on-the-job-training and work on a range of projects. The goal of the gReach program is to provide participants from underrepresented groups with the opportunity to grow their career as professionals.
gReach Associates will be placed in teams across the business such as Devices and Services, Platforms and Ecosystem, Cloud Technical Infrastructure, Data Center and People Operations. Participants will have the opportunity to be exposed to career opportunities at Google and further sharpen their professional skills. gReach Associates will learn to make an impact by working with teams on business-critical projects and collaborating with Googlers across a variety of functions. We welcome aspiring individuals who are willing to grow as professionals through the learning experience at Google.
To get familiar with Google’s tools, technology, and culture, you will acquire fundamental and on-the-job training experience, and be assigned to a role. Depending on the organization and role, gReach Associates may work on one large project, complete a few smaller projects, or do the day-to-day work to support the business. You will contribute to the business, collaborate with others, and have the opportunity to add long-lasting value beyond the conclusion of their gReach program. You will closely work with a host manager and team members who will help identify project goals, while also inspiring, mentoring and supporting the professional development of the gReach Program.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop software applications to extend and improve Google products and collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Collaborate closely with Hardware and Software teams to configure the lab instrument and test infrastructure that evaluate and characterize the performance of Google hardware products.
- Work closely with the Product and Program teams to bring products to production. Ensure requirements are captured and built into configurations throughout development.
- Collaborate closely with the Server Operations team in our data center to work on hardware repair, maintenance and data security.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?