Software Engineer, Android and Pixel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience developing, testing, maintaining, or launching software products on the Android platform.
- 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3 years of experience with software development in Android Frameworks.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience in software development.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
In this role, you will build reliable Android services optimized for Pixel devices to support delightful Pixel experience. You will optimize Android Frameworks and System User Interface (UI) for Pixel to drive the Pixel software performance and power consumption. You will analyze and resolve Pixel issues in Android Frameworks and System UI to improve Pixel quality.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s software and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Develop Software solutions for Pixel phone including the design and implementation of Android Services and applications.
- Work closely with partner teams such as Product Management, Hardware development, Testing in the whole software development cycle.
- Lead the Design and Development team and provide guidance to team members.
- Identify product issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on functionality and quality.
- Contribute to existing documentation of educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?