System Power Engineer, Pixel
- 5 years of experience working in a power, battery, or thermal testing and validation role.
- Experience with consumer products or smart phone development and validation.
- Experience in SMPS design, battery charging, fuel gauging, and power integrity simulation.
- Experience with bench level validation tests for SMPS and LDO regulators at the system level.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, or both Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering.
- Experience designing power delivery networks for complex low voltage systems in smartphones or similar consumer electronics devices.
- Experience with consumer product or phone development and validation.
About the job
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
Starting at concept creation, the Google Hardware team architects, designs, develops, validates, and continues to support the product through end of life. The Hardware Design Engineers are an integral part of the entire process, especially involved in the system design, factory bring up, and test/validation cycles of the project.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Develop test solutions to improve power, battery, and thermal test efficiency and accuracy.
- Conduct circuit design, simulation/analysis, and component selection.
- Work with architecture, silicon, software teams, and suppliers on power bring up, and design validation.
- Support the team in debug, troubleshooting, and failure analysis investigation.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams to design system level power delivery networks of low voltage systems in smartphones.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?