Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer, SAP Priority Solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience supporting customers in Enterprise Cloud.
- Experience with SAP technologies and architecture/infrastructure needs.
- Experience with any of the following IaaS solutions: Kubernetes, system virtualization, on-premise and/or hybrid cloud computing, cloud identity and security system, cloud monitoring and logging or local and cloud storage.
- Experience supporting SAP solutions in cloud platforms.
- System/network administrator level knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Knowledge of basic web technologies (e.g., HTTP, HTML, DNS).
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (e.g., TCP/IP, Routing, VPNs, VLANs, Peering, Load Balancing).
- Familiarity with SAP basic operations on public cloud around core production concepts (e.g., high availability, disaster recovery, multi-tenancy, scale out and scale up architectures, shared storage solutions, clustering solutions, etc.).
About the job
In this role, you will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues. This will include a need to work non-standard work hours or shifts. This may include weekend work.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Understand customer impact, manage escalations through diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) products through excellent customer management.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the SAP-on-GCP and SAP on Google Bare Metal Solutions (BMS) technologies and solutions by troubleshooting, reproducing, and determining root cause for issues.
- Act as subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders and customer organizations, resolve technical deployment obstacles, improve SAP-on-GCP/BMS, and other products.
- Improve support experience for SAP-on-GCP/BMS by developing best practices/playbooks based on learnings from support of cloud based SAP solutions according to complex customer requirements and technical implementations.
- Work as part of a team of developers/consultants that globally ensures 24-hour customer support. Work non-standard work hours or shifts.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?