Strategy and Operations Manager, Marketing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, business strategy, strategy and operations, business operations, venture capital, or private equity.
- Ability to work across teams, build relationships, and influence management.
- Ability to provide quantitative analysis and communicate findings to management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Strategy and Operations (S&O) professionals in Google’s Marketing organization provide business critical insights and analytics, ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and help teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. Whether you are embedded within a specific marketing team to use insights to enable better marketing decisions or the global S&O function to equip the organization to succeed at scale, you will engage with Google leadership in order to establish Marketing’s strategic direction. You will manage planning and operational processes and work cross-functionally with key partners across Marketing, Product, Finance and Engineering to solve our toughest challenges, advocate for high-priority projects, and drive greater operational excellence within Marketing.
To be successful in this role, you have a hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving, effective quantitative and communication skills, and the ability to take on broad-reaching and ambiguous questions while working collaboratively and cross-functionally with Googlers of all levels.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Partner with leadership to set Marketing’s annual strategic plans regionally.
- Work across Google’s products to develop solutions to the organization’s challenges and initiatives.
- Improve Marketing efficiency and effectiveness by applying operational processes.
- Evaluate and pressure test performance, identify opportunities to drive product growth and user engagement, and develop data-driven recommendations for leadership.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?