Software Engineer III, Embedded Systems, Framework, Android Automotive
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- 2 years of experience with data structures or algorithms in either an academic or industry setting.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 2 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
About the job
The goal for Android Automotive is to provide a modern, connected, and seamless experience in every car by enabling media, communication, personalization, navigation, and other scenarios on your car. We design and develop solutions for the car’s embedded computation units, your phone, the cloud, and other nodes to match and exceed the expectations users have based on their digital experiences.
As the Software Engineer on the Android Automotive team, you will work with internal teams and external partners to architect and design key new platform service capabilities, and address core technical challenges.
Automotive industry executives say there will be more change in their business in the next 5 years than they have seen in the last 50 years.
The Android Auto team collaborate with vehicle manufacturers to develop and deliver on this massive opportunity, building on a proven embedded platform to create a leading Assistant-powered, navigation, entertainment, and communication vehicle system, which will be delivered to specialized people-moving devices.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $133,000-$194,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Write product or system development code.
- Participate in design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Work with internal teams and external partners to architect and design key new Android platform capabilities.
- Design and develop platform features and automotive services. Work with partners to deploy these features on reference and production platforms.
- Contribute towards the development of current Android features and address core technical challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?