Cloud Migration Consultant, Infrastructure, Professional Services
Only applications of candidates with Mexican citizenship will be evaluated for this role in compliance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Federal Labor Law.
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion.
- Experience maintaining Internet-facing production applications in virtualized environments.
- Experience troubleshooting clients' technical issues, and working with Engineering, Sales, and Services teams, and customers.
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (e.g., Load Balancers and Firewalls) and web standards (e.g., Representational State Transfer (REST) APIs, web security mechanisms, etc.).
- Experience writing scripts in one or more languages such as Python, Go, or similar.
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, and Jenkins).
- Experience in system administration tasks in Linux, Unix, or Windows, including standard IT security practices (e.g., encryption, certificates, and key management).
- Understanding of open source server software (e.g., NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
About the job
In this role, you will guide customers to configure and deploy their Google Cloud infrastructure consisting of identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring, billing, and more. You will consult with customers on how to best design their cloud applications for optimal scaling, including Content Delivery Network (CDN) design, load balancer setup, caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, and more. You will travel to customer sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Be a technical advisor to customers and solve complex cloud infrastructure and development operations issues.
- Create and deliver solutions, recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?