Post Silicon Validation Engineer
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in silicon bring-up, debug of post-silicon in the context of an embedded system.
- Experience debugging post-silicon issues with multiple lab equipments.
- Experience with hardware validation cycles, triage and measurement methods.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- 8 years of experience in electronic test and validation.
- Experience with Android, Embedded Linux, Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) or bare metal software.
- Knowledge of lab test automation in Python and Linux environments.
- Ability to work with different geographical locations.
- Excellent problem-solving, investigative, and debugging skills.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
In this role, you will collaborate with Hardware IP teams and Software teams to root cause key problems and provide solutions to improve the mass production quality. You will be responsible for debugging critical technical issues on a variety of post-silicon platforms with lab equipment.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Lead the post-silicon lab activity to debug critical post-silicon and system level issues.
- Collaborate with design and validation leads to enable silicon bring-up, design validation, and rapid triage.
- Work with internal test engineers, partner engineers, and contract manufacturers on debugging Return Merchandise Authorization (RMAs) and software driver development.
- Generate test procedures and deliver reports and presentations.Sign-off on measurement based data results from lab experiments.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?