Product Manager, Silicon
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Bellevue, WA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in product management, consulting, co-founder or related technical role.
- 3 years of experience building and shipping technical products, and experience in mobile computing platforms.
- Experience driving elements of the product development lifecycle (e.g., roadmap, go-to-market strategy, driving requirements, product launch).
- Experience defining and launching silicon products.
- Experience with semiconductors, mobile computing, connectivity, privacy, machine learning, operating systems, software frameworks, software applications, and development life cycles.
- Expertise with consumer hardware development lifecycles.
- Excellent analysis skills, strategic and development insights, and business acumen.
- Excellent influencing, communication, and teamwork skills to advocate initiatives internally, externally, and with executive management.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
In this role, you will drive hardware and software collaboration between the Silicon Engineering team, device hardware/software groups, and advanced research teams across the company. You will define a roadmap to bring to life key features that distinguish our first-party devices.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Define differentiated and compelling Silicon solutions and roadmaps that leverage Google’s hardware, software, and machine learning capabilities.
- Evaluate new applications, use cases, proofs-of-concept, technologies and standards, and advocate for/against adoption based on silicon and system-level considerations, competitive landscape, cost, usefulness and helpfulness, and more.
- Influence, inspire, and lead broad, cross-functional teams and co-work with Marketing, PR, and Legal for product launches.
- Collaborate with device and advanced research teams to create truly differentiated experiences in first-party devices.
- Establish relationships with critical ecosystem partners to develop in-depth knowledge of capabilities and roadmaps.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?