Deployment Operations Manager, Logistics
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- 4 years of experience managing processes to deliver finished goods/services and materials to meet demand
- 4 years of experience working in domestic and international supply chain management
- Experience managing vendor and extended workforce providers
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, Engineering or related field
- Experience with SAP, SQL Scripting, and Big Query Language
- Experience in program management
- Experience coordinating and working across multiple regions and timezones
About the job
As a Deployment Operations Manager, you will join the team responsible for running the logistics infrastructure and operating procedures to deploy Google’s compute and machine learning infrastructure equipment. You will develop and execute the forward logistics workflows used to build Google’s data center hardware, particularly for the outbound, in-transit, and destination inbound phases globally. You will work with internal stakeholders cross-functionally to maximize efficiency and cost. In addition to these functions, key deliverables will include establishing and meeting metrics.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Ensure smooth forward logistics workflows for our complex Machine Learning (ML) deployments in collaborations with internal stakeholders to enable the increasing complexity and scale of Google’s data centers.
- Plan with logistics operation counterparts across multiple regions to ensure resource and capacity availability to ensure a proper match to deployment workloads requests.
- Coordinate with the regional logistics team to ensure our third-party logistics partners and professional service providers and ensure adherence to procedural and quality standards set for machine deliveries.
- Comprehend existing logistics and execution tooling and utilize business requirement documents for enhancement needed with software teams.
- Familiarize import/export landscape and work with compliance members to overcome import/export challenges to ensure timely deliveries of materials for our data centers.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?