Associate Consultant, Red Team, Mandiant Academy
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
Remote locations: Virginia, USA; United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in three of the following areas: network security, wireless security, web application assessments, social engineering, scripting, cloud security, reverse engineering, or incident response.
- Experience in cybersecurity with a focus on offensive security.
- Certifications related to offensive security including OSCE, OSEP, OSEE, OSCP, CCSAS, CCT INF or relevant SANS courses.
- Experience in creating security tools.
- Experience in four or more of the following: network protocols, threat intelligence analysis, systems and network administration, project management, active directory architecture, application development, incident response, source code review, reverse engineering.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, C#, C/C++, Rust, Nim or similar).
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and public speaking skills.
About the job
As an Associate Consultant, you will educate organizations on harmful threat actor activity and address complex problems within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving simulated environment. You will be the offensive security subject matter expert in Mandiant educational design as well as delivery.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing cybersecurity consulting services and support to our students during educational experiences, including assessing and advising clients on both technical and process-based controls for all manner of cyber range environments.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $83,000-$120,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design and deliver education curriculum focused on protecting organizations from harm and address complex problems within a fast paced, rapidly evolving cyber range environment.
- Be responsible for providing cybersecurity consulting services and support to our clients, including assessing and educating clients on both technical and process-based controls for all manner of environments.
- Execute offensive technical cyber security engagements of a varied nature.
- Advise clients on security best practices for remediation.
- Recognize and safely utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures and develop scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Mandiant Academy processes.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?