Hardware Electrical Engineer, Devices and Services
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in circuit board level design engineering, including chipset, memory, high speed interface, and power supplies.
- Experience with prototype bring-up, debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support, working within a lab-based environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as needed.
- 5 years of experience in system development and consumer electronics/embedded design.
- Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols (especially SPI, I2C, UART, USB), analog design, sensor design, low power system design, Cadence/Allegro, RF, and PCB/Flex technologies.
- Experience with high speed design and standard RF/WiFi interfaces at chipset, baseband, and antenna integration levels.
- Experience with system integration with software development from firmware through system level, and working with OEM/ODM/JDM/CM partners.
- Knowledge of the product development process for mass-volume production design, with focus on design for manufacturing and design for test.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Work with internal team to evaluate and select components and new technologies for next generation products based on product direction and end-user experiences.
- Design, develop, and review devices and services systems and sub-components from concept to mass production. Perform development to bring design to mass production by setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up, traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully.
- Create system specifications and plan/lead validation of designs. Lead complete functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing.
- Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (e.g., performance, power consumption), production (e.g., quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (e.g., schematic design and review, PCB layout, and overall system integration).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?