Technical Program Manager, Fitbit
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Warsaw, Poland.
Remote location(s): Poland.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in managing a team as a people manager.
- Experience in program management for software development.
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives and managing teams.
- Knowledge of Google infrastructure (e.g., Spanner, Borg).
- Knowledge of technical implementation at the architecture level.
- Excellent communication skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Manage complex and mission critical cross-functional software projects. Interface with Engineering Managers, Engineers, and Technical Program Managers across Fitbit Devices and Services product area.
- Establish and continuously improve processes, tools and documentation to ensure efficient cross-functional collaboration.
- Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to management and project stakeholders.
- Manage various project requirements and organize them into clear goals and objectives, and break down large programs/ projects/ processes into sub-projects and sub-processes that could be executed by other teams or partners.
- Drive process development and iterative optimizations.Develop cross-team roles and responsibilities.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?