Data Scientist, Media Lab
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in measurement and business analytics.
- Experience in SQL or statistical programming languages (e.g., R, Python).
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders within a business.
- Experience with experimental design and supervised/unsupervised machine learning approaches for regression and classification tasks.
- Experience working with media data and transforming it into variables/data frames for representation purposes.
- Experience conducting quantitative analyses to drive valuable change or optimization in a business context.
- Experience in root cause analysis to solve problems in a tactical and strategic level.
- Understanding of Bayesian modeling framework.
About the job
As a Quantitative Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing large data sets and building expert systems that improve our understanding of the Web and improve the performance of our products. This effort includes performing complex statistical analysis on non-routine problems and working with engineers to embed models into production systems. You will manage fast changing business priorities and interface with product managers and engineers.
In this role, you will drive all things media, marketing, analytics, and partnering with internal teams to evaluate strategic initiatives. Using first-party and third-party data sources, you will create innovative solutions to demonstrate the effectiveness of Google media investment. You will maintain a global scope and require working with teams operating across regions and marketing entities.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Provide support in media strategy, measurement and optimization that require expertise in advanced analytics work, with special focus on Marketing Mix Modeling (MMMs).
- Partner with internal teams in advanced analytics work including experimentation, measurement and modeling.
- Deliver data-driven approach, based on a people-based marketing strategy to build, segment, and test audiences.
- Partner with internal teams to scope, build and deliver strategic initiatives driving all things marketing data, with a focus on digital marketing data pipelines.
- Identify patterns and behaviors that are effective predictors of performance and critical drivers for a successful media plan.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?