Senior UX Designer, Search
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in communicating design decisions and advocating for users.
- Portfolio of UX Design work across multiple platforms.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams located around the globe in different timezones.
- Experience working across organizational and functional boundaries to prioritize opportunities and mitigate constraints.
- Experience in designing for emerging markets.
- Experience with extending and evolving design systems.
- Ability to frame problems, articulate positions, weigh alternatives, and propose solutions.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
In this role, you will help drive key strategic efforts to drive growth for Google Search in Sub-Saharan Africa. You will design features that will help the team to deliver on its goals.
In Google Search, we're reimagining what it means to search for information – any way and anywhere. To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure, while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on. In joining the Search team, you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
- Build a user-centric features across many different touch points.
- Deliver all aspects of end-to-end UI design, from strategy to pixels.
- Develop foundational frameworks and interaction patterns to ensure cohesion and standards across search.
- Collaborate and influence executive engineers, Product Manager (PM), data science, and marketing partners.
- Work across organizational boundaries with core feature teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?