Security and Compliance Lead, CISO, Google Cloud
At Google, we have a vision of empowerment and equitable opportunity for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building reconciliation through Google’s technology, platforms and people and we welcome Indigenous applicants. Please see our Reconciliation Action Plan for more information.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Sydney NSW, Australia.
Remote location(s): Australia.
- 7 years of experience in program management, managing projects with cross-functional teams.
- 5 years of experience in cloud computing emerging technologies or related technical fields.
- Master's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Risk Management, Auditing, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years of experience in Cybersecurity, Engineering Program Management, Cybersecurity Risk Management, Compliance, or a related role.
- Experience translating regulatory requirements into operational and technical control objectives.
- Ability to drive complex programs across business and engineering teams with collaboration and leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues to any stakeholder level.
About the job
The Google Cloud CISO team is the integrated risk, security, compliance, and privacy team. The Google Cybersecurity Action Team is a security advisory team and has a singular mission of supporting the security and digital transformation of governments, critical infrastructure, enterprises, and small business.
As a Security and Compliance Lead in Australia, you will work cross-functionally to oversee, manage, and drive mitigation for risks and compliance objectives for regulated industries. You'll have a direct impact on Google Cloud business, as it supports cross-functional teams to unlock business for entire industries. You will ensure the business achieves its goals consistent with the law and the company’s expectations.
In this role, you will enable the wide-scale adoption of Google Cloud by the enterprises and public sector organizations in a secured and compliant fashion. You will establish Google Cloud as an effective partner for security transformation in Australia, by positioning and delivering security and compliance capabilities that are a differentiator, and by demonstrating the opportunity for operational risk reduction in key industries and geographies.
Successful applicants will require an additional background check for clearance to work with Government clients, and/or agreement to apply for a Australian security clearance will be required for this role. In order to be eligible for Australian Government security clearance, candidates will need to be an Australian Citizen.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Engage with customer security, risk, and compliance functions to help them navigate the journey to cloud usage.
- Influence the direction of Google Cloud security and compliance, and help support the wider community of Google Cloud security and compliance professionals.
- Manage, coordinate, and facilitate security and compliance programs to ensure that Google Cloud meets regulatory and contractual requirements and compliance risks are managed.
- Draft and promote cloud solutions specific to the public sector and/or local market .
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as needed, with potential for international travel.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?