Technical Program Manager II, Pixel Carrier Engineering
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience in program management with consumer electronics development.
- 2 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- Wireless industry experience in modem/telephony, radio systems, antenna design, wireless communications, cellular network infrastructure, radio access network technologies (2G/3G/4G/5G), or carrier certification and industry standards.
- Product development experience in hardware engineering, software integration, NPI/Manufacturing, or consumer electronics experience in product launch technical readiness.
- Experience with Android or related OS, software release management, and related process standards.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
You'll be the interface between Carriers and the Pixel team, driving product/platform releases. You'll coordinate with external teams and partner test labs, ensure all issues are tracked, and report issues back to internal test and development teams. You'll understand, prioritize, and drive resolution to issues found during certification testing. You'll support the product definition process with regards to certification and will also help shape Google's best practices/tools/processes for Pixel phones.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$172,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders for Pixel phones in any technical matter and represent Google in front of mobile carriers.
- Support and drive carrier and industry approvals of wireless devices, including generation and maintenance of compliance matrix documents.
- Report project status, prioritize tasks, and drive issue resolution to completion with hardware and software engineering teams.
- Analyze new network features and gather operator requirements to provide guidance and feedback to engineering and product managers.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?