Senior Test Engineer, Pixel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in coding, developing test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging.
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
- 2 years of experience providing technical leadership and leading projects (e.g., test, release, etc.).
- 1 year of experience working with executive leaders.
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000-$203,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead the utilization and/or development of automation tools or scripts to improve product and engineering health.
- Develop test plans based on Product Excellence/test strategies. Lead test plan reviews with engineers and other stakeholders across teams.
- Define the test framework, test preconditions, and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality.
- Drive opportunities and lead efforts to improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development, scheduling, or deployment.
- Participate in product design review with product managers, software/hardware engineers, and other stakeholders to contribute to product design, testability, and implementation.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?