Network Implementation Engineering Manager, Data Center Network Delivery
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Thornton, CO, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Networking, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with network design, installation and maintenance for service providers or enterprise networks.
- Experience in co-location and operation of data centers.
- Experience in program management with global cross-functional teams.
- Experience operating in third-party co-location environments.
- Knowledge of network theory, technologies and the operation of optical transport and IP network systems.
- Knowledge of supply chain and logistics concepts.
- Excellent problem-solving, quantitative, and presentation skills.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
In this role, you will manage a broad range of technical network deployments, including data center and co-location facility turn-ups, turn-downs, expansions, refactors, and new technology pilots.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000-$190,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Build, develop, and grow team capabilities to deliver key business outcomes.
- Establish mechanisms for engagement with Partner teams.
- Work with Partner Network teams to assess risks and potentials in alignment with forecasts and high level build to plan.
- Identify and drive new initiatives, programs, processes to create efficiency, process improvements, optimize resources, and address gaps/risk cross-functionally.
- Mentor and coach to grow the skills across the team.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?