Product Design Engineer, Pixel Phones
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in product design engineering.
- Experience in designing mechanical components (e.g., plastic/metal parts, mechanical assemblies, printed circuit boards, etc.).
- Experience using computer-aided design tools (e.g., NX, Creo, SolidWorks, etc.).
- 3 years of experience in consumer product design.
- Experience shipping multiple consumer products.
- Experience with multiple manufacturing methods used in consumer products.
- Experience collaborating with suppliers, manufacturing and final assembly, including onsite factory support.
- Experience in system integration, including electro-mechanical components (audio, display, camera, antenna, etc.), waterproofing, thermals, grounding, or product architecture.
- Proficiency with NX and Teamcenter.
About the job
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $99,000-$144,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design a moderate subsystem or multiple individual parts from concept to production.
- Collaborate with suppliers of subsystems or individual parts throughout the design and manufacturing process.
- Identify, design, manufacture, or reliability issues and develop corrective actions.
- Design considerations such as functionality, sustainability, reliability, human factors, manufacturability, and aesthetics.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?