Cloud Systems Development Manager, Google Cloud Platform
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in data networking.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role, overseeing projects, including 2 years of experience in a people management.
- 2 years of experience with network automation/coding.
- 10 years of experience in the data networking industry.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
The Google Enterprise Network (GEN) Release Engineering team is bringing creative and innovative solutions to network systems testing. We're responsible for network solutions testing and release systems, and this scope ranges from traditional vendor-centric network solutions, software-based solutions, to cloud-based network solutions. Our mission is to ensure the reliability and predictability of GEN’s network systems, software systems, and release processes, while providing the insights necessary to find the right balance between quality and velocity.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide technical guidance, direction, and management oversight to a team of network engineers, as part of the larger Release Engineering team. Implement the process optimizations to ensure smooth operations of the data center.
- Advocate for and build a great team culture that fosters inclusion, openness, and collaboration. Plan/Implement change management activities, fleet wide.
- Grow and retain a diverse set of talent, providing technical direction and career guidance. Be a empathetic people leader, focusing on developing people to scale the team for future challenges.
- Lead the dynamic team that manages cross-geo data center footprint, supporting the business operations for GCVE. Plan and Build capacity expansion initiatives to support the business growth.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?