Test Engineer, Wearables
At Google, we have a vision of empowerment and equitable opportunity for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building reconciliation through Google’s technology, platforms and people and we welcome Indigenous applicants. Please see our Reconciliation Action Plan for more information.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in software testing and leading test engineering teams.
- Experience in building testing frameworks, tools and automation within an enterprise environment.
- 3 years of experience in connectivity technologies such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Experience in defining, executing test strategies for consumer electronic devices.
- Experience with automated, end-to-end testing.
- Ability to lead a test development project, including task planning and code reviews, working with software, hardware, firmware and networking engineers.
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Be a consumer electronic system software and hardware architecture subject matter expert.
- Own and drive wearables testing and performance strategies for quality.
- Set technical goals regarding platform roadmap and interface with counterparts, stakeholders and peers to drive team and test strategies.
- Develop scalable and reliable automated tests and frameworks for testing embedded hardware devices.
- Drive the implementation of advanced tools for improving pixel wearables product quality.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?