Firmware Engineer, Battery and Charging, Google Pixel
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products.
- 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Experience with the design and development of the system software architecture.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
About the job
In this role, you will research, define, develop, and bring to the consumers innovation on battery management, wired, and wireless charging from concept to production and deployment.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Develop linux kernel drivers, Android HAL extensions, system API, applications for battery, and charging of the Pixel platform.
- Define and develop techniques for in-field charging monitoring and analysis. Drive the implementation, deployment, and monitoring of charging performances.
- Design, develop, and utilize tools, scripts, testing fixtures, and automation for google infrastructure for testing and analysis of charging performances and system power use cases.
- Help to triage and implement fixes for reported battery/charging issues internally and externally.
- Work with cross-functional hardware, software, and systems teams for the design of solutions for input power management, system and battery charging, and system and thermal management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?