Technical Solutions Engineer, Platform, Google Cloud
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in technical support engineering or in a similar role.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting web technologies.
- Experience in networking fundamentals, database design, SQL query construction, and Linux/Unix systems.
- Knowledge of cloud computing.
- Ability to adapt your message to the technical audiences.
- Ability to present technical materials to groups of various sizes and backgrounds.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving, and written communication skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Technical Solution Engineer, you will work with customers to swiftly problem-solve technical issues and show how products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You will work with a cross-functional team of Web Developers, Systems Administrators, and a variety of regional and international customers. By partnering with the customer, you will contribute to Google Cloud's business growth and help companies around the world innovate.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage customer problems through diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of investigation tools to increase productivity for customer challenges on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an understanding of Google's product technology by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported challenges, and building tools for faster diagnosis to identify and resolve future challenges.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in Engineering, Sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work with multiple Product and Engineering teams to find ways to improve supportability and products. Interact with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production.
- Understand customer challenges and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams (e.g., Product Management or Software Engineering).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.