Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Systems, Pixel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- 2 years of experience with the Rust programming language.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience with applied cryptography and embedded security.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Understanding of compiler and linker internals.
About the job
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project important to needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and the business grow and evolve. You will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions. You will focus on designing and delivering the helpful mobile experience. You will work on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services with designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $157,000-$235,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design and implement hardened embedded firmware in Rust.
- Build infrastructure to bring memory-safety to embedded systems.
- Work on next generation Pixel security designs and projects.
- Harden system software components critical to Pixel security.
- Research, design and develop cutting edge security features for future Pixel devices.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?