Senior Accountant, Google Public Sector
Must be a US Citizen to access Controlled Unclassified Information.
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Reston, VA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a public accounting firm or a multinational company.
- Experience working with government agreements and business accounting.
- Experience in leading transformative projects, driving continuous improvement, developing requirements, reviewing end-to-end processes, validating and contributing to system design.
- Experience with Deltek Cost-point and SAP.
- Experience in change management and process management.
- Understanding of FAR 12, Acquisition of Commercial Products, US GAAP, of ASC 606 and Commercial Services compliance requirements.
- Ability to communicate and partner with executive business leaders.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
About the job
In this role, You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and executing the accounting operations, reporting, and controls end-to-end to support the stand-alone reporting requirements for GPS. You will manage while ensuring compliance with FAR 12 requirements throughout the end-to-end financial processes with a focus on business (from opportunity to reporting).
- Design and implement accounting functions and operations supporting GPS and integrating with Google LLC.
- Ensure compliance with FAR 12 for government contracts to report business operations and end to end accounting and reporting.
- Perform day-to-day accounting operations and prepare stand-alone monthly and quarterly reporting for the GPS financial statements (including accounting for business recognition in accordance with ASC 606) through the use of Deltek Costpoint and SAP solutions and in accordance with accounting and operational policies.
- Ensure compliance, controls, and accurate accounting for the accounting and reporting of GPS, primarily focused on the business processes from opportunity to reporting.
- Drive cross-functional projects for GPS controllership work with Cloud and Alphabet controllership, engineering.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?