Technical Program Manager III, Search Experience
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience working on platform focus software infrastructure projects.
- Experience managing client teams using platform infrastructure.
- Experience working in a complex, matrixed team environment.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In Google Search, we're reimagining what it means to search for information – any way and anywhere. To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure, while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on. In joining the Search team, you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
- Collaborate with a federated team of Software Engineers, Product Managers, and cross-functional teams to drive software development and manage technical dependencies.
- Partner with a federated team of Search colleagues to coordinate joint projects, facilitate decisions, and provide regular communication to executive stakeholders.
- Exercise technical and product judgment to scope projects, manage schedules, and resolve project issues.
- Perform program management for a collection of technical and feature projects, drive roadmap, communicate to a complex web of executive stakeholders, and define processes for speeding up feature development without sacrificing quality.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?