Strategic Negotiator, Global Network Solutions
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Gurugram, Haryana, India; New Delhi, Delhi, India.
- 7 years of experience in networking technologies across the OSI model.
- Experience in acquisition of services or business development with providers around colocation, dark fiber, capacity, network services.
- Experience providing clarity and consensus in business and technical environments.
- Experience with edge and global carrier networks.
- Knowledge of Cloud Networking and the Sales industry.
About the job
Google's infrastructure needs go far beyond server computers. As Google's products and services scale the globe, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Google's future -- everything from underwater cables to physical data center space. As a Strategic Negotiator, you combine your deep market knowledge of a given sector with tech industry savvy to negotiate cost-effective solutions to support Google's infrastructure growth. You'll work with specific project teams on negotiating deals, managing vendor and partner relationships and presenting deal recommendations to our Tech leadership. Your successful negotiations have the potential to save Google millions of dollars in operating costs and impact every part of the business.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction to drive long-term commercial strategies with key infrastructure providers in India.
- Collaborate with internal business and infrastructure technical teams to identify and define strategic initiatives necessary to meet Google's highest network priorities.
- Develop strategic relationships with vendors, identify compelling opportunities for partnership or expansion, and discuss solutions that meet commercial, technical, and timing requirements.
- Identify and conclude contractual agreements with vendors providing network infrastructure services and assets.
- Lead partnerships in collaboration with Google's Legal, Treasury, Policy, and Tax teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?