Display Mechanical Engineer, Devices and Services
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with the display industry in LCD/glass OLED/plastic OLED with touch and Computer graphics (CG) module designs and failure modes.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools (e.g., ProE, NX, and SolidWorks).
- Experience with electro-mechanical assembly, integration, and test system bring-up.
- Experience integrating EE component modules (e.g., displays, sensors, PCB/FPC, antenna, etc).
- Experiences with 2D/2.5D/3D Cover Glass and optical lamination (OCA/OCR).
- Experience in tablet, notebook, phone, or wearable, consumer electronics industry.
- Experience in LCD, glass OLED, and plastic OLED display modules.
- Knowledge of thermal analysis, DFMEA.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big and unique we can't just buy our hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Our Platforms Team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Mechanical Engineer you design and evaluate our data center systems, identifying product requirements and contributing to research and project planning. From the chip to chiller, you are responsible for designing and optimizing an architecture that will scale with Google's continued growth.
With your technical expertise, you lead and manage projects, develop product and process improvements, provide consultation to others and help facilitate training and development.
As a Display Mechanical Engineer, you will design Mechanical Engineering (ME) solutions for Tablet and Nest applications. You will work with system teams closely to bring up the systems, and will serve as a focal point cross-functionally to ensure the robustness and integrity.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Work on display ME design, specification, 2D/3D drawings, evaluation, and debug of portable computers from concept to mass production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Hardware Engineering and Supply Chain to reach a successful productization.
- Work with external material/component/equipment/system assembly partners as primary display ME window to solve critical issues and to access the latest technologies.
- Define tolerance, test methods, and critical components to ensure the quality of the final system.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?