Staff Technical Writer, Software Engineering, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
Remote locations: California, USA; United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in technical writing.
- Experience with technical documentation and analytics.
- Master's degree in Writing, Engineering, or Scientific-related field.
- 4 years of experience leading projects, initiatives, or teams.
- Experience researching and writing documentation for DevOps practitioners or developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
About the job
Technical writers plan, create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering or user experience. The content is often in the form of documentation, but may also be UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material. Regardless of the content medium, technical writers are distinguished by their abilities to explain complex topics in a way that’s useful to their audience.Additional Information:
- Edit technical content for the Google Cloud Platform community, customers, and prospective customers.
- Manage ongoing updates, set, and own all deadlines.
- Understand, know, and update standards, templates, editorial guidelines, and globalization best practices.
- Work with the Development, Sales, Marketing teams, partners, and other internal groups.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.