Analog Mixed Signal Integrated Circuit Design Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience working in a hardware engineering technical environment, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- Experience with analog/RF/mixed-signal integrated circuit design.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Experience in experimental quantum computing and/or cryogenic measurement.
- Experience with design tools such as Circuit design, extraction/drc/lvs, electromagnetic, mechanical, etc.
- Experience in low frequency and RF characterization, on-wafer measurements and device modeling.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
In this role, you will work as a member of the team defining and implementing integrated circuit-based control and measurement systems for our future quantum computers. You will work with physicists and engineers to understand our control and measurement needs and will apply this knowledge to develop novel integrated circuit blocks and systems to advance system performance. You will contribute to and lead the design of mixed-signal integrated circuits optimized for our quantum computers. You will develop test plans to validate the efficacy of the implemented integrated circuits and will work with quantum engineers as appropriate to implement these test plans.
Google Research is building the next generation of intelligent systems for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and research scientists. Google Research teams collaborate closely with other teams across Google, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt new projects and foci that meet the demands of the world's fast-paced business needs.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $124,000-$182,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop and apply multidisciplinary expertise to contribute to the development of next generation integrated circuit control architectures for quantum computing applications.
- Design and layout room temperature and/or cryogenic integrated circuits meeting our system requirements, including circuit blocks such as low-noise amplifiers, data converters, bias references, frequency converters, etc.
- Develop test fixturing and lead testing of prototype integrated circuits, utilizing both standard test equipment and quantum processors as characterization tools.
- Document and report results internally and externally.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?