Software Engineer, Developer Tools
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan; Banqiao District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 220.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience with Linux and Android device driver
- Experience with software development in C/C++, Python
- Experience with SoC and subsystem design
- Experience in gdb protocols and commercial debugger scripting languages
- Experience in ARM CoreSight architecture and MIPI System Trace Protocols
- Understanding of on-chip trace networks and reconstruction of control flow
- Understanding of embedded operating systems (e.g., FreeRTOS, ZephyrOS)
- Excellent debugging skills on the hardware/software boundary
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Develop software tools in both Command Line Interface (CLI), and Graphical Interface (GUI) to diagnose, analyze system issues of Google custom silicon
- Apply machine learning on the analytics to pinpoint the likely root causes and the corresponding self-recovery methods
- Engage cross-functional with Google teams to build APIs, tools, and user interfaces
- Work with early hardware prototypes, Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), software simulation of SoC and subsystem designs to verify and enable functionality
- Review hardware designs, prototype software-based hardware-mocks, engage in hardware/software co-design efforts to get full understanding of debug/performance features implemented in the tools
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?