Staff Privacy Engineer
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Reston, VA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
Remote location(s): Virginia, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Privacy Engineering, a similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working in a privacy related field (e.g., security engineering, data engineering, data scientist, compliance engineering etc.).
- Experience with the security and privacy industry, technology trends, academic research, and current events.
- Experience engaging with regulatory authorities.
- Understanding of the industry's privacy-related landscape.
- Ability to bring external insights to influence internal executive stakeholders on decision making and priorities.
About the job
The Google Cloud Privacy empowers Google Cloud to design with privacy in mind to build customer and regulatory trust in Google Cloud. We focus on identifying, tracking, and mitigating privacy risks in Cloud products. We focus on privacy by design, serving as the engine of proactive privacy design, leadership, and engineering work. Additionally, we keep our customers' data safe from leaks, adversaries, and other threats. Our team supports our sales peers, ensuring that no market is blocked due to privacy concerns. Finally, we work with regulatory authorities, helping ensure that we take their industry guidance to heart when designing our products to facilitate cloud adoption.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$283,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Conduct technical and quantitative analysis to drive scalable, efficient, and data-driven privacy decision-making.
- Design, architect, and lead implementation of privacy-enhancing solutions alongside engineering teams.
- Conduct privacy impact assessment of a single product component, and determine how to bridge between data regulations, governance, and practical engineering practices and policy practices.
- Develop, maintain, and publish design or technical documentation to drive consistency in privacy decisions and practices.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.