Security Engineer, VirusTotal
A person with disabilities will be given preferential consideration per local regulations.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, a technical related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience analyzing and implementing security systems (e.g., access controls, engagement testing, web application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modeling, etc.).
- Experience delivering technical training in an instructor-led or video format.
- Understanding of the current threat landscape, including common attack types and malware capabilities.
- Ability to perform security analysis.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. Security Engineers work with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. In this role, you will also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
VirusTotal is the interlinked, actionable, and closest to real-time crowd sourced threat intelligence platform. It equips security teams with comprehensive context and functionalities to protect their networks from cybersecurity threats.Security teams are often confronted with an unknown file/URL/domain/IP address and asked to make sense of an attack. Through web-based interaction with VirusTotal, security analysts can build a picture of an incident, and then use the insights to neutralize other attacks.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Advocate security and secure practices throughout VirusTotal.
- Identify and develop technical solutions for our customer’s threat intelligence needs.
- Research and analyze upcoming malicious trends.
- Create and deliver technical materials to share in external presentations.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?