Program Manager, Data Center Construction (Japanese, English)
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- 10 years of experience with data center equipment/environments (e.g. base isolation, electrical switchgear, generators, chillers, security monitoring)
- 10 years of experience with technical teams project management, engineering, and construction of Hyperscale data centers or mission facilities
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese and English fluently
- Master's degree in Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical field
- Qualifications such as Construction manager(CCMJ), Project Management Professional(PMP), registered architect, etc
- Experience in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, and scheduling and achieving objectives within set goals
- Experience managing vendor relationships and an understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry as well as pursuit of industry leading practices
- Experience in Program/Project and Hyperscale Data Centers
- Knowledge of fast track design build processes and associated documents and agreements
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Provide management of large-scale data centers at single multiple scales in Japan
- Manage and coordinate the needs of multiple partner teams, while managing changes and maintaining a focus on keeping the project on schedule, budget, quality, and safety
- Manage large scale technical projects in a rapidly changing industry
- Deliver of a data center facility from start to commissioning and understand the nuances and risks that will need to be managed
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?