Senior CPU RTL Designer
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Poughkeepsie, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in direct relevant industry.
- Experience in front end design and power analysis tools for CPU.
- Experience in microprocessor architecture, microarchitecture definition, and RTL design for modern CPUs.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with modern processor microarchitecture and related technologies and algorithms.
- Experience as part of a processor front end design team, for ARM based state-of-the-art processors.
- Familiarity with up-to-date ARM Instruction Set Architecture.
- Knowledge of general purpose operating system such as Linux and Android.
About the job
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.*This position requires access to equipment, technical data and technology that is highly controlled under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Such access is restricted to U.S. persons or those otherwise authorized by the U.S. government.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $146,000-$220,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Contribute to CPU frontend designs, emphasizing on microarchitecture and RTL design for the next generation CPU.
- Propose performance enhancing microarchitecture features with efficiency in mind. Work with architects and performance teams for trade-off studies. Communicate pros and cons of microarchitecture enhancements. Facilitate final decision making.
- Deliver designs meeting Product Area goals with production quality.
- Become familiar with state-of-the-art techniques for at least one processor functional block. Interpret the techniques into design constructs and languages in order to provide guidance to and participate in the performance modeling effort.
- Work closely with the functional verification team to ensure production quality designs, and with the physical design team to meet frequency, power, and area goals.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?