Wireless Systems Engineer, Pixel
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, related technical fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with wireless communication and wireless systems, including digital communications, signal processing, protocols, radio propagation, and link budget analysis.
- Experience with wireless chipset development or chipset integration in consumer electronics.
- Experience with Python or equivalent programming language for automation.
- Familiarity with networking protocols and networking software.
- Familiarity with wireless regulations (e.g., power limits and SAR).
About the job
In this role, you will focus on WiFi technologies, hardware design, system optimization (cross-functional with HW/SW), and competitive analysis.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $119,000-$175,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Execute wireless technologies and protocols, such as WiFi and UWB.
- Validate hardware design and wireless performance.
- Perform competitive analysis of wireless technologies from different vendors.
- Work with cross-functional hardware and software teams to debug and optimize end-to-end wireless performance.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?