Manager, Mandiant Security Transformation Leader
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: New York, NY, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
Remote location(s): Massachusetts, USA; New York, USA; Pennsylvania, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in information security.
- 3 years of experience leading or managing technical teams.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as required.
- Certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Project Management Consultant (PMP).
- Cybersecurity management experience.
- Experience in cybersecurity consulting.
- Operational experience with cybersecurity technologies and implementation.
- Subject matter expertise in the following areas: Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Red Teaming / Penetration Testing, Identity and Access Management Hardening, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence, and/or Cybersecurity Program Functional Staffing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with clients and manage expectations at executive and board level.
About the job
As a Manager, you will be responsible and oversee a cross-functional delivery team composed of Mandiant service lines (e.g., Strategic, Proactive, Incident Response, and Intelligence teams). You will support the team in overseeing execution of multi-year multi cross-line-of-service engagements. You will lead the team to achieve results, defining business-level acceptance criteria, validating outcomes, and working to support a culture of continuous improvement. You will implement cybersecurity programs, controls, and overcome challenges.
In addition to overseeing project execution, you will also provide thought leadership and advice, manage stakeholder expectations at client and Mandiant, and identify the project goals and roadmap. You will use your sound business acumen and deep understanding of current Cybersecurity industry challenges to help identify and implement transformational solutions that will enhance the organization's cybersecurity capabilities. You will lead a cross-functional team in a rapidly changing client environment, be innovative and creative in overcoming constraints, and have a passion for cybersecurity.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $158,000-$243,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Participate in the business cycle of Transformational projects including developing project scoping, resource requirements, and Statement of Work creation.
- Direct and oversee a cross-functional team of a variety of subject matter experts. Develop and execute the Transformation project mission and roadmap over the course of the engagement.
- Identify and remove project blockers (e.g., technology, resourcing, communication, collaboration, etc.) for the team to succeed in executing on the transformation mission and outlook.
- Provide recommendations to enhance the organization’s cybersecurity capabilities, technically and programmatically.
- Provide ongoing messaging to internal and external stakeholders on the execution of the Transformation initiative. Brief executives on project status and initiatives.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?