Senior Test Engineer, Pixel Core System
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in software testing with test automation tools and frameworks.
- 5 years of experience programming in Python, Java, or other mobile development languages.
- 3 years of experience in leading test plans, development, and test case implementation.
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems components (e.g., kernel, bootloader, etc.).
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
About the job
As the Senior Test Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Pixel phone core system is of the highest quality and stability. You will work with the development team to define or update the quality and stability metrics and improve the development efficiency and quality. You will also have opportunities to work with other Pixel teams to better leverage the best framework and infrastructure.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members.
- Apply practices from test frameworks and infrastructure teams to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Manage test coverage across different devices, development, and release branches when resources are limited.
- Lead up-to-date test scenarios, plans, and strategies that cover all aspects of the Pixel phone core subsystems.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?