Controller, Google Public Sector Accounting
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Reston, VA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent practical experience
- 12 years of experience in accounting at a public accounting firm or a multinational company
- Experience working with government agreements and business accounting
- Experience in people management, with a focus on change, project, and process management
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and SAP
- Experience leading transformative projects, driving continuous improvement, developing requirements, reviewing end-to-end processes, and validating and contributing to system design
- In-depth understanding of US GAAP and knowledge of ASC 606
- Understanding of FAR 12, Acquisition of Commercial Products and Commercial Services compliance requirements, and familiarity with FAR 15 Contracting by Negotiation
- Good business judgment, with the ability to communicate and partner effectively with executive business leaders
- End-to-end process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, project management, and problem-solving skills, and ability to address issues, own the outcome, and strive for processes and deliverables
About the job
Google Public Sector (GPS) is a new expansion of Google Cloud’s go-to-market strategy targeting government sectors. As the Controller for GPS, you will build relationships across Google Cloud and various corporate and shared services teams, and drive success to develop the goal of the GPS controllership organization and operations. In this role, you will design, implement, and execute the accounting operations, reporting, and control end-to-end support for reporting requirements for GPS. You will be responsible for the accounting and reporting within Deltek Costpoint and the integration into SAP. You'll manage risk while ensuring compliance with FAR 12 requirements throughout the end-to-end financial processes with a focus on the business (from opportunity to reporting).
Must be a US Citizen to access Controlled Unclassified Information.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $187,000-$275,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design and implement accounting functions and operations to support GPS, and integrate with Google LLC. Ensure compliance, controls, and accurate accounting for the accounting and reporting of GPS, primarily focused on the business processes from opportunity to reporting.
- Ensure compliance with FAR 12 for the opportunity to report business operations and end-to-end accounting and reporting.
- Support audits and correspondence with Government oversight and audit agencies (Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)).
- Support the stand-alone reporting for the GPS financial statements (including accounting for business recognition in accordance with ASC 606) through the use of Deltek Costpoint and SAP solutions.
- Drive cross-functional projects for GPS controllership, working closely with Cloud and Alphabet controllership, engineering, FP&A, legal, and sales teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?