Technical Program Manager, Pixel
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in program or project management.
- 1 year of experience in Android, Unix/Linux systems programming with C, C++, Python, Apps Script, TypeScript, or Java.
- Experience with end-to-end Program Management in consumer hardware, mobile devices, embedded software or Android software
- Experience driving cross-product areas/sites/teams programs
- Ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions
- Exceptional communication skills
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Collaborate across various disciplines to complete tasks for various functional area software, New Hardware Technology introduced in Pixel devices, Carrier certifications, and overall Pixel Device Software.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to identify, manage, track, and control project risks to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Execute process improvement tasks for quality of Pixel software and engineering productivity. Identify opportunities for automation and manage development of automation tools/processes.
- Execute tasks independently and exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects and products attainable within a given timeline.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?