Lead Firmware Engineer, Cellular Test and Analysis, Pixel
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture
- Experience in the test and debugging of 5G/4G technologies
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3 years of experience working with embedded operating systems
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role
- Experience developing accessible technologies
- Experience with 5G R15/R16 carrier requirements and driving projects across multiple product areas and distributed sites, with competing resources and priorities
- Experience in 5G/4G log analysis, debug issues, and with 5G (FR2/FR1)/4G Modem/Telephony technologies
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$208,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead and Manage Modem Firmware testing for the APAC market.
- Analyze the 5G/4G logs from internal and external testing in APAC, identify keys issues, and work with the Test/Software team to resolve the issues.
- Summarize the 5G R15/R16 carrier features, analyze data, and manage bug reporting to drive and secure the Pixel modem quality, from the modem/telephony perspective.
- Exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects, and products attainable within a given timeline.
- Work with the modem software and systems team to optimize modem performance.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?