RF Hardware Engineer
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Radio Frequencies (RF), or Electromagnetics, or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience designing Radio Frequency (RF) solutions for Consumer Electronics
- Experience with board design/bring-up, desense mitigation, factory processes, and manufacturing
- Experience with different wireless communication systems (e.g., GSM/UMTS/CDMA/LTE/NR, 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS, etc.)
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) design
- Experience and knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) design in consumer products and the use of common Radio Frequency (RF) test equipment (e.g., spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, protocol and signaling testers, and antenna chambers)
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements (e.g., FCC, IC, CE, etc.), carrier specifications, 3GPP, 3GPP2, and their respective certification processes
- Familiarity with simulation tools and circuit simulation capability (e.g., Advanced Design System (ADS), scripting and automation tools for data collection/analysis)
- Familiarity with schematic creation and PCB design
- Board-level and firmware debug skills
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Define architecture, specification, design, and test boards for innovative consumer electronics devices.
- Design and optimize exceptional Radio Frequency (RF) system solutions including cellular technologies 5G, LTE, UMTS, GSM, WLAN, BT, and GPS.
- Design for volume manufacturing and support factory engineers from prototyping to product launch.
- Be responsible for PCB design for optimal Radio Frequency (RF) performance.
- Work with component vendors and partners to develop the Radio Frequency (RF) front-end.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.