Network Operations Engineer, Global Network Operations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with optical networking technologies.
- Experience in enterprise/IT network infrastructure support.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and network routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, IGMP).
- Understanding of ISP network operations.
- Ability to employ troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As a Network Operations Engineer, you will provide customers with support for reaching Google Cloud services. We assist customers who escalate such issues via cloud support and/or the Google Network Operations Center (NOC). You will drive process improvements in service delivery for Cloud customers, including building workflows, automation and dashboards for long-term supportability. You will work with the product team to define and create products that meet customer expectations.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Respond to network outages by providing a diagnosis of Layer 1 to Layer 3 network errors and initiate and complete network repairs.
- Use/Develop workflows and systems to diagnose optical Layer 1 and Layer 3 network issues to completion.
- Provide remote support for field operations related to network repairs.
- Use, understand, and navigate Element Management System (EMS) and Network Management System (NMS) to manage optical networks.
- Participate in shift work in a network operations center environment.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?