Technical Program Manager III, Public Sector, Local, State
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- 5 years of experience in government or public policy.
- Experience in program management working on projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience promoting cloud computing technologies to large and complex government organizations across geographies.
- Experience managing, consulting with, and advising clients in structuring complex IT law projects, particularly with public sector clients.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$208,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead the program management of large, multi-functional Google Cloud Professional Services projects, covering program planning, delivery assurance and verification, tracking and reporting, strategic thinking, and risk and mitigation planning.
- Help customers, partners, and Google teams navigate the business and technical processes for delivering Google solutions and effectively coordinate with Google Engineering teams to meet government statutory and regulatory requirements for delivery quality.
- Engage Google Cloud engineering resources to manage the risks, issues, and actions for accounts, and track them regularly to meet the expected outcomes and timelines.
- Engage Google Cloud engineering resources to make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to implement a complete solution.
- Organize various project requirements into clear goals and objectives.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?