Senior CPU Design Verification Engineer, Devices and Services
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Poughkeepsie, NY, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in functional verification, performance validation, developing test plans and diagnostic codes of modern processors.
- Experience with processor microarchitecture.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with UVM, SystemVerilog or other scripting languages such as Python, perl, shell, bash etc.
- Knowledge of general purpose operating systems such as Linux and Android.
- Familiarity with ARM Instruction Set Architecture.
About the job
In this role, you will own functional verification for part of a CPU design. You will develop functional verification infrastructure and for some roles write diagnostic codes to ensure functional correctness of a design. You will use CPU knowledge as well as design specifications to develop test plans for functional units and subsystems. You will work closely with front end design, architecture, and performance teams to ensure architectural compliance, functional correctness. You will analyze coverage from various dimensions and develop monitors and checkers for better quality assurance.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Design verification for future CPU developments.
- Build functional verification infrastructure with unit, multi-unit, core, and subsystem level verification environments.
- Produce diagnostic code repositories that enable production of quality CPU.
- Verify and validate performance for both pre-silicon and post-silicon.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?