Senior Program Manager, Chrome Privacy Sandbox
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in program or project management.
- 7 years of experience leading cross-functional working groups for high-stakes efforts.
- 5 years of experience in privacy.
- Experience with regulatory frameworks.
- Large systems software design and development experience.
- Experience building for the web, and for the broader developer community.
About the job
Chrome is one of the world’s most popular browsers. It provides a safe, speedy, simple, and stable experience to app and web users. When we succeed, we make the open web better for all, helping Google achieve its overall mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
This team’s mission is to create a thriving web and app ecosystem that is respectful of users and private by default. The Privacy Sandox effort is a project that will fundamentally change the browser experience and foster the free and open content creation that makes the internet so wonderful.
As the Senior Program Manager for Partnerships and Ecosystem Engagement, you will work with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Technical Program Managers, Developer Relations, global partnerships, PR, Legal, public policy, Marketing, and Comms teams across Google to design, orchestrate, and drive our ecosystem engagement plans and strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring active and frequent engagement with developers, partners, and regulators around the globe to support their needs to test and adopt the Privacy Sandbox, facilitating information sharing, and gathering feedback to help Chrome improve on the Sandbox design.
You will engage with external stakeholders while strategizing with Product, Legal, Policy, Marketing, and Comms teams to support their needs. As part of this role, you’ll also be driving efforts and coordination across numerous teams internally.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000-$246,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Help craft our overall goal for how we serve both Chrome users and web/app developers.
- Partner with leads across Chrome and Android to set our long-term outcomes and help drive our strategy to achieve our goals.
- Create and drive strategic engagements with developers, and partners across the globe with the goal of building privacy preserving technologies and supporting adoption for the Privacy Sandbox.
- Work collaboratively with Technical Program Manager peers across the team to operationalize processes that meet both our regulatory commitments and our launch requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?